Embellishing Flowers




I also submitted this to Heartfelt Creations Design Team Entry. It is also a winner on Quick Quotes Friday Challenge.

I enjoyed working on this card but it had some frustrations with it. To make the flowers I used some techniques that I learned at the Quick Quotes Class I attended in Oaks PA in May 2014. For the small flowers I folded coffee filters and cut circles out of it and placed a brad in the center. I then folded and mushed up one layer at a time till I got the shape I was looking for then distressed them with different color Quick Quote Chalk inks

The larger pink flower was another technique used at the same class, where you take any circle shape cardstock and put adhesive on it and work ribbon around it and place a jewel sticker in center. I had trouble getting the ribbon to stay stuck on the cardstock. I have to try different adhesive next time. That was one frustration. I used the Stampin' Up Secret garden die to cut the leafs which I distressed with a Quick Quotes Chalking Ink using a blender pen. I used a light brown paper embossed with Sizzix Big Shot Stampin' Up Textured Impressions Woodgrain folder for the background. 

For Dark brown window frame I used the Heartfelt Creations Decorative Chateau Gate Custom Die (HCD 718) with some scrap cardstock I had. I used the Heartfelt Creations Grand Portal Precut stamp (HPC 3442) for the detail of the open window frame on clear transparency using Black pigment ink embossed with glossy powder and then cut using the Chateau Gate custom Die to cut it out - it was difficult getting the ink to stay on the transparency and to get the die to cut it without the ink chipping off. That was the second frustration. 

For the picture in the window I used a Stampin' up 2005 stamp and colored with General's Kimberly watercolor pencils which I cut and glued underneath the frame with the clear windows attached so they could open. Even though this was difficult to do I feel it turned out great. I hope you enjoy.

Supplies Used:
Quick Quote Chalk Inks
Coffee Filters
Brad
Circle shape cardstock
Ribbon
Jewel Sticker from Queen & Co
Stampin’ Up Secret Garden die cut
Stampin’ Up Blender Pen
Light brown and Dark brown paper Cardstock Sizzix Big Shot Stampin' Up Textured Impressions Woodgrain folder
Heartfelt Creations Decorative Chateau Gate Custom Die (HCD 718)
Heartfelt Creations Grand Portal Precut stamp (HPC 3442)
clear transparency
Black pigment ink embossed with glossy powder
Chateau Gate custom Die
Stampin' up 2005 stamp
General's Kimberly watercolor pencils

Comments

Popular Posts