Using Glitter with Stamps


I recently submitted this creations to the Heartfelt Creation Design Team as an entry. Website: http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/

I stamped the light house and birds stamp from Heartfelt Creations with Black pigment ink on Ultra Smooth Premium White Card Stock and embossed with Clear Glossy Embossing powder. 

I then colored both of them with Spectrum Noir markers and highlighted with Spectrum Noir pencils. I used Spectrum Noir Paper stumps soaked in Gamsol Blending solution to blend the pencil coloring with the markers to give more of a blended color. I used Sizzix Oval Template Die and cut out the light house and hand cut out the birds. 

I then cut a 6”x8.5” sheet of Plain White Card Stock with scoring at 4.25” and folded to make a card. I then covered the front of the card with 2” Sookwang 2 sided Tape. I then took off top cover and cut an oval shape using the Sizzix template die (Same size as used on Light house) and placed back on tape where I wanted to place the Light house. I then sprinkled Pumpkin glitter around the circle and then sprinkled the sunflower/apricot glitter over the rest of the tape with filling in some holes with the pumpkin glitter to match the sunset colors I used on the Light House stamp. 

I cut a larger oval shape on the Aqua mulberry Paper with the Sizzix template dies. Using a paint brush I wet the edges of the mulberry paper and tore the edges giving it a feather/tore look. I then glued the light house onto the mulberry paper. Removed the top covering still on tape and placed the light house on the card surrounded by glitter. 

I used Fiskars clear saying stamp with black pigment ink and embossed with Glossy Embossing Powder. Wet edges with paint brush and tore edges to give a feather/tore look. I placed raised glue dots on back of mulberry paper and placed below light house on card to give a raised look. I then placed three stacked mini glue dots on the back of the birds and placed them on the card around the light house.

Supplies Used:

Ultra Smooth Premium White Card Stock
Plain White Card Stock From Staples
Aqua Malberry paper from Stock
Black Pigment Ink
Glossy Embossing Powder
2” Sookwang Tape
Sizzix Oval Die Cuts
Heartfelt Creations: HCPC 3528 Sand & Sea Precut Stamp Set: Light House and Birds Spectrum Nor Markers and Pencils
Recollections Glitter: Pumpkin, Sunflower, Apricot
Spectrum Noir Paper stumps
Spectrum Noir Gamsol Blending solution
Fiskars Thank You Clear Stamps
Raised Glue dots
Mini Glue dots
Paint brush wet with water

Comments

Popular Posts