Stamping with Friends: Favorite Jan-April Mini Catalog

 



I have a lot of favorite items in the Stampin' Up Jan-April Mini Catalog. This is one of them - Ballet Beauty Stamp Set on page 46. My daughter is a dancer so I could not pass this set up. I also thought these stamps would look good using the Black Ice Technique and I was right. My daughter loves it. 


To make this you need to drag the Black StazOn stamp pad across the silver foil paper from one end to the next. You will get a darker border at the ends. You need to let the ink dry or use the heat gun on low to dry it. Then you want to stamp your image where you want it.





For this card I used the frame from the Framed Florets Die Set on page 65 of the Mini Catalog to outline the ballerina in hearts. I cut it prior to the next step.

Then you want to drag a VersaMark Ink pad across the inked foil paper and then cover it with clear embossing powder until the foil paper is covered with it. Then heat it with the heat gun on high until it is all melted and shinny. You can see the difference in the picture of them next to each other. It is hard to see the ice look in the pictures but you will be more impressed doing it your self. 


I then took a 5.25x4" piece from Fancy Flora 6x6 DSP from the Mini Catalog gluing it down to a piece of black card stock. Then glued down the silver foil. I used StazOn ink and VersaMark stamping dance on a left over piece of Fancy Flora DSP for the title. I put some black thread behind the title to help it stand out with using foam dimensionals behind it. 

Here is a close up to try and get a better look at the Black Ice Technique. 


If you are interested in any of the products used or the Jan-April Mini Catalog, Please check out my website. 

SUPPLIES USED

INK: StazOn, VersaMark

PAPER: Silver Foil, Basic Black, Fancy Flora 6x6 DSP 

DIES: Framed Florets

STAMPS: Ballet Beauty

EMBOSSING POWDER: Basics Powder - Clear

BAKER'S TWINE: Black 

Heat Tool


Please check out the other blogs to see other products from the Mini Catalog. 


Comments

  1. I love your card! I'll have to try that black ice technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Christy, love the black ice technique x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful technique and lovely project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for reminding me about this technqiue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Did you stamp your image in Staz On also? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts